How to Enable YouTube TV on Roku [Quick and Simple Technique!]
When YouTube TV was launched, a few users faced tremendous issues due to the complexity involved in watching YouTube TV on televisions. After considering the obstacles faced, Google tweaked up YouTube TV, and now the cable replacement service works flawlessly over various platforms like Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, and Android TV.
Getting the YouTube TV application on your Roku device has been significantly simplified, and we are here to help you with this guide to enable YouTube TV on Roku.
Steps to Enable YouTube TV on Roku
- Power on your Roku device and update the system and all the applications.
- On your home screen, scroll through the entries to locate the Channel Store and look for the streaming channels that are available.
- Click on the ‘Search Channels’ option on the menu.
- Clicking on Search Channels will open a keyboard where you enter the search term into the empty field.
- Enter YouTube TV in the menu available on the right. For a quick and convenient shortcut, you can use the mic in your remote to run a search over voice. This mic button will be available below the D-pad on the remote.
- Select the YouTube TV application from the list and add it to your streaming channels. The application may take about a minute to download and install (depending on the speed of your internet connection)
Using YouTube TV on Roku
Once the YouTube TV app has been downloaded and installed, you are good to go. Here is how you can make the most of YouTube TV on Roku:
- You can launch the YouTube TV instantly from the downloads window or navigate right back to the home screen and open the YouTube TV app present on the home screen menu.
- If you make use of YouTube TV quite often, then consider placing it at the top of your home screen.
- You will be redirected to the login page for YouTube TV.
- If you are already a member on YouTube TV, enter your sign-in credentials to access your account and watch amazing shows to your heart’s content.
- If you are new to YouTube TV, give a shot to the free trial offered by Google. Follow the instructions in the following pages and create your YouTube TV application. You can sign up for a paid membership to make full use of YouTube TV’s unlimited DVR collection.’
That’s it! Once YouTube TV app is set up on your Roku device, you can experience hours of entertainment right from the comforts of your couch!
Aida Martin is a self-professed security expert; She has been making the people aware of the security threats. Her passion is to write about Cyber security, cryptography, malware, social engineering, internet and new media. She writes for Norton security products at norton.com/setup.